JANUARY 14-15, 2021
A virtual retreat opportunity for Foundation Executives
The foremost opportunity for fraternal foundation leaders and partners is getting hotter in 2021. Summit: Fireside is a unique opportunity to virtually enhance your personal network and connect with peer executives with whom you can share advice throughout the year. This is not just another webinar. This think-tank style online retreat will help you focus on and dive into the strategy behind your work and find greater understanding of how to elevate your operations.
About the Summit: Fireside virtual experience
Registration for Summit: Fireside closes January 8. Click here to register!
For questions about registration, contact FFE Executive Director Ashley VanDewark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your organization is not an active FFE Member, you will be charged a $100 non-member fee per registrant. To renew or activate your foundation’s FFE Membership, contact Michael Wilson at email@example.com.
- Protect your calendar, blocking it off from other appointments just as you would if you traveled to be at Summit in person.
- Close all other programs running on your device for the duration of the program. Be as engaged virtually as you would be in person. Imagine sitting in the room alongside your peers. Try not to check out to do other work/take meetings if you can help it.
- Summit provides significant value in creating white space for executives – helping to get you out of the day-to-day to think more strategically for your organization and to refill your own professional development bucket to help avoid burnout.
- Summit’s success depends on attendees showing up authentically, intentionally and ready to engage in meaningful discussion.
- Get in the right headspace and stay there. Imagine how you’d use your travel time, mealtime and wind down time at the end of each day and try to replicate as much of that as possible – reflect, plan, recharge.
- Plan ahead for what you need to reach this level of Summit energy and maintain it. Do you need to move to a different space? What distractions do you need to address ? Do you need caffeine?
- Not only do you typically get a solid dose of Vitamin D from the sunshine, Summit usually includes wonderful food provided by The Cape – the convenience of having meals ready helps you take a deep breath and focus on building relationships and content of the program. During the Fireside version, consider ordering in from your favorite restaurant for lunch and/or dinner! This is another important manner of refueling.
- If possible, change your scenery. Work from an alternate location for the conference.
- Can you take Friday afternoon off? Treat this as you would your travel time back from the in-person Summit and start your weekend early. Use this time to reflect and plan or just recharge your batteries.
- How can I participate? Silver Level FFE partners and higher are invited to attend Summit: Fireside.
- Does my membership include registration fees for this program? Diamond, Titanium, Distinguished Diamond and Distinguished Titanium level partners receive complimentary registrations.
Why attend Summit?
Foundation Executive Director, Pi Beta Phi
FFE Board of Directors
Chief Foundation Officer, Beta Theta Pi
(Testimonial recorded pre-COVID-19)
Fraternal Industry Advisor, Billhighway | greekbill
Distinguished Diamond Alliance Partner
All times listed are Eastern
Click the slider to expand or download PDF
Josh Newton Josh Newton Presented by Summit Participants
Start End Session
9:00 am 10:00 am KICKOFF FIRESIDE CHAT: SUCCESSES FROM 2020
Be in the room where it happens — join the Foundation for Fraternal Excellence as we kick off this once-in-a-lifetime Summit experience. In this session, you will meet your peers also taking part in this retreat and share openly and thoughtfully. What inspires you? Where are you thriving? Where are you struggling? How can you succeed in achieving your mission and goals in 2021? This is the beginning of journey up the mountain.
10:00 am 12:00 pm STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP: PART 1
Great minds will gather in this think-tank. Facilitated by Josh Newton, Senior Vice President, Advancement and Alumni Engagement at Emory University, this two-session workshop is part data, part crowdsourcing, part leadership, part application and 100% necessary.
12:00 pm 1:00 pm LUNCH BREAK
Breathe. Walk. Laugh. Nourish yourself. Do not look at email or Facebook!
1:00 pm 3:00 pm STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP: PART 2
In the second part of this workshop, participants will prioritize being strategic and open, contributing strongly to the Summit conversation. Josh Newton will lead large-group discussion that provides framework for small groups to take leadership goals to new heights.
3:00 pm 4:00 pm TED TALKS
Just like the nonprofit series devoted to spreading ideas in the form of short, powerful presentations, FFE hosts a TED Talk-style series at Summit featuring topics of interest or emerging trends highlighting the work of our industry.
4:00 pm 5:00 pm CASUAL RECEPTION
Hopefully you made a new friend today or connected with an old one. This social reception is when the full retreat participant group comes back together to relax, celebrate and bond.
Presented by Summit Participants
|9:00 am||10:00 am||FIRESIDE CHAT WITH JOHN CHRISTOPHER
|10:00 am||11:00 am||CYGNUS ANALYSIS AND INNOVATION SESSION
Led by Summit Participants
|11:00 am||1:00 pm||CLOSING SESSION: WHAT'S NEXT?
|1:00 pm||REFLECTION (Optional)
Use the rest of the day Friday to narrow your focus and draw a mental map to your goals. We encourage you to stay away from your video camera but stay in the zone. Summit is your time to disconnect from the day-to-day and focus on the big picture. Use the rest of afternoon to consider what you need to move forward.
Just like the nonprofit series devoted to spreading ideas in the form of short, powerful presentations, FFE hosts a TED Talk-style series at Summit featuring topics of interest or emerging trends highlighting the work of our industry. Check out some clips from the 2020 TED Talks below.
For 2021, this series will focus on: DEI initiatives, remote workforces, virtual donor visits and events and financial management. Interested in presenting or have a speaker to recommend? Please complete the TED Talk form.
We continue to gather insights from leaders of our member organizations and key Alliance Partners as we work to create updated plans for Summit. We look forward to returning to The Cape in Cabo San Lucas for the 2022 and 2023 Summit programs.
Future Dates: Monday, January 17–Thursday, January 20, 2022