The Foundation for Fraternal Excellence believes in coordinating and sharing research to help inform data-driven decision making within the fraternal industry. To deliver on this strategic priority, FFE regularly surveys members to gather fundraising and management data and reports out on insights gained.
The Foundation for Fraternal Excellence has been conducting an annual industry survey of its members since the early 1990s. FFE prioritizes gathering and sharing information about how fraternal foundations are performing in the areas of fundraising and management. Survey results are provided annually to participating groups for their interpretation, evaluation and benchmarking.
This project is truly beneficial to fraternal foundations. The insights provided directly reflect the fraternal fundraising industry. This annually conducted survey has had more than 60% participation from FFE member organizations over the last five years. The final results are shared only with those groups who participate in the survey with 100% completion.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS SURVEY
Conducted every other year
FFE has provided this supplemental survey for nearly a decade in an attempt to provide foundation executives with critical benchmarking data regarding compensation and benefit information. The survey is conducted every other year and confidentiality is a priority due to the sensitive nature of the information. All responses are recorded as anonymous when presented in the report.
As reported through 2017 IRS Form 990
COMPLETING THE SURVEY
The greater the survey participation, the more beneficial the insights and truly reflective the results will be of the fraternal foundation industry. The final survey results are shared only with those groups who participate in the survey with 100 percent completion.
- Before you start, collect your foundation’s most recently filed IRS Form 990 and other common reports from the last completed fiscal year.
- Set an appointment on your calendar and carve out time for the survey. The Industry Survey contains nine sections and should take 45 to 60 minutes to complete. The Compensation & Benefits Survey has eight sections and should also take 45 to 60 minutes to complete.
- Many foundations find success in dividing the survey content among staff members for completion. Survey questions can be downloaded in PDF format to be used as a guide for collecting responses.
- Consider using a general email as your login address such as firstname.lastname@example.org so that staff can share duties in answering the questions.
- After you’ve logged in, preview the questions. Survey questions can be downloaded in PDF format to be used as a guide for collecting responses.
- You can save your progress and come back to the survey as many times as needed before submitting your final responses by the deadline.
- SmarterSelect allows you to access previous submissions and reference past data year after year.
For questions, email FFE Executive Director Ashley VanDewark at email@example.com.