- FFE Focus: Our monthly e-newsletter is distributed on the last Thursday of every month. Ensure your team’s contact information is updated in FS Central to stay up-to-date on the latest FFE offerings, industry news, job listings and more.
- FS Central: In collaboration with the North American Interfraternity Conference and National Panhellenic Conference, we use the fraternity/sorority database FS Central to provide access to much-requested directory information and trend data.
- FFE Blog and Social Media: These outlets are an extension of our community and professional development programs year-round. Follow us as we highlight the work of member foundations and discuss trends and insights from the industry.
- Our goal is to continue learning from one another beyond the times we’re together in person.
- Awards of Distinction: Fraternal foundations are often known as the “heart” of the fraternity and sorority community. We view it as an important responsibility of the FFE to annually recognize this critical role fraternal foundations play and the excellent work produced by our organizations. Learn more.
Thrive with FFE Membership
The Foundation for Fraternal Excellence, Inc. (FFE) is a 501(c)(3) organization that operates to advance the various needs of the dynamic fraternal foundation industry. Member organizations include men’s, women’s and co-ed fraternal educational foundations. All professional staff and volunteers of FFE member foundations are eligible for FFE member benefits and services.
The Foundation for Fraternal Excellence focuses on building the capacity of our member organizations and the fraternal foundation industry by providing cooperative services to support individuals and organizations. We are continually exploring and growing opportunities for shared services. For questions about these opportunities or to connect with FFE members, email us.
- In-Person Programs: FFE educational programs are designed to elevate the fraternal foundation community. Our professional development events foster networking relationships to help our people navigate the profession and ensure premier continuing education and skill building at all levels of experience. Our flagship programs include Seminar, Summit and Advance.
- Continuing Education Webinar Series: The webinar series supplements in-person programs with deep-dive presentations on member-requested topics and is intended to provide a regular opportunity to tune in and connect with fellow industry pros and nonprofit experts.
- Knowledge Center: Our online hub provides members with resources, tools and information related to our programs and services. Post-event resources and webinar recordings are added as they become available following programs.
- Alliance Partners: Our more than 30 vetted sponsors, or Alliance Partners as we call them, are key contributors to the work of our fraternal foundations. The FFE, in collaboration with you, strives to build relationships with partners who understand the work of fraternal foundations and how they can best serve your needs.
- Capacity Building: FFE continues to explore access to advanced tools and resources which would elevate FFE’s work in advancing the sophistication of our fraternal foundations. Boardable, DonorSearch and The Nonprofit Academy have linked arms with FFE to bring you discounted service rates (15-40% off) and special uses of their products.
- Alumni & Donor Engagement Survey: In 2011, 2015 and 2020, we partnered with Cygnus Applied Research to conduct the largest existing bodies of research for fraternal organizations. The results provide unparalleled analysis of fraternal foundation support and evaluation of changes in giving.
- Industry Survey and Compensation & Benefits Survey: FFE member foundations are invited to participate in two surveys completed by chief staff. The annual Industry Survey serves as an executive’s one-stop resource for critical benchmarking information. The biennial Compensation & Benefits Survey, a confidential tool for executives, provides a comprehensive analysis of salary and benefits information. Results reports, shared only with those groups who participate, help organizations learn from each other, identify areas for improvement, practice general benchmarking of fundraising success year over year, compare number of donors/total gifts acquired across similar-sized groups and inform decisions regarding new management practices.
EXPAND YOUR CAPACITY
The Foundation for Fraternal Excellence is able to offer additional services to our members through vetted partners.
FFE and Boardable have collaborated to offer member foundations special use of Boardable services through a 15% discounted rate for the first year of a plan. Boardable is a board portal software for nonprofit board engagements – built by nonprofit leaders, for nonprofits. This platform centralizes all communication between you and your board.
FFE members go further together. Social media is a great avenue to discuss industry news, find a unique resource or crowdsource a challenge.