12:15 pm – 12:45 pm EDT (Optional)
Lunch and Learn
Digest what you learned on Day 1 as we bite into the second day of Advance. This casual networking session will allow you to discuss what you’ve learned so far and meet other attendees. FFE hosts will share additional resources and expert sources that you may find helpful.
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm | Workshop
Learning objectives: Know when it’s time to make the ask. The art of having strong, clear communication. Avoid common fundraiser pitfalls.
- Handout: Solicitation Fundamentals Worksheet
2:30 pm – 4:00 pm | Workshop
Learning objectives: How and why to say thank you. How to share gratitude and expand your impact.
- Handout: Stewardship Fundamentals Worksheet
- Watch: BGSU Stroh Center Rap
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm | Roundtable
Donor Stories and Lessons Learned
In the last Fundamentals Workshop, participants will share their own donor stories — the good, the bad, and the ugly. This closing roundtable will send Road Warriors into the Cohort Series experience with a mindset for success and eagerness to learn more.
- Attendee work sample: Delta Chi, The Knight Errant
- Book recommendation: The Little Book of Gold: Fundraising for Small (and Very Small) Nonprofits by Erik Handberg
- Book recommendation: Winning: The Five Truths of Fundraising by Rob Cummings
- Podcast recommendation: First Day Podcast by IU Philanthropy
- Expert source: Campbell & Company
- Expert source: Donor Relations Guru