Branding Your Mid-Level Giving Program and Upgrading Donors
Allison Rickels, The FarmHouse Foundation
Allison Rickels, Executive Director & CEO of the FarmHouse Foundation, presented practical, proven tips for graduating donors in annual giving to higher gift amounts. She shared details about their Chairman’s Club for the FH Excellence Fund and how they continue to grow this ‘insider’s’ annual giving program. Whether you’re taking donors from $100 to $250, or encouraging membership of $1,000 for your organization’s mid-level giving society, you’ll take away actionable ideas you can use this fiscal year and beyond. Allison Rickels, CFRE, discussed:
- The benefits of rebranding your annual fund and enhancing your mid-level giving society;
- How to create an annual plan with upgrading donors at the core;
- How to encourage repeat and upgraded giving;
- Ways to include your board in fundraising for your mid-level giving society;
- Copywriting strategies to deepen relationships and increase gift amounts;
- New ideas that go beyond personalized letters and donor honor rolls; and
- Suggestions for partnering with the fraternity or sorority for the best results.
Additional resources: Slide deck
Developing and Managing a Major Gift Program
Marsha Grady, Alpha Chi Omega
Organizational example of the development of a major gift program, including organizational structure, processes and techniques. Techniques and tools for measuring major gift officer activity and expectations, identifying and qualifying major gift prospects. Creating a case for support for major gifts and developing resources for use by major gift officers in cultivating and soliciting gifts.
How to ask for the Blended Gift
Mandi Young, Phi Mu Fraternity; Mark Wilkison, Columns Fundraising LLC; and Wesley Wicker, Columns Fundraising, LLC.
Have you ever felt awkward in asking for a contribution to a capital campaign, when your alumnus is already contributing to your annual campaign? Do you find it difficult to ask for a planned gift? This session focused on making a solicitation for an Annual Campaign contribution, coupled with a Capital Campaign gift, and/or a Planned Gift.