What is Alliance Partner-member speed dating?
Speed dating offers intentional, focused time to meet with key decision-makers from inter/national fraternities and sororities and/or their foundations. The format for this event involves short, timed face-to-face sessions during which time both participants may discuss whatever they like. During the “dating” sessions, participants should collect contact information and take notes on how the partner and member might work together in the future.
Speed dating FAQs:
What can partners bring to the speed dating session(s)?
- Whatever you can fit on your cocktail round, only. Think about what will help you facilitate the initial connection and set you up for follow-up with executives: business cards, brochures/handouts, etc.
- No banners/signage, etc. Everything must fit ON your cocktail round. NIC/FFE will provide standard signage for all APs.
How will it work?
- Both partners and member organization decision-makers will be asked to rank preferential matches ahead of the Dual Meeting. NIC/FFE staff will then do our best to honor preferences in priority order according to partner level, length of partnership and member ranking alignment. Speed dating assignments will be distributed as a part of pre-conference communication and in registration packets.
- A moderator will facilitate timed exchanges during the assigned Speed Dating block (NIC, FFE or both based on partnership).
- A map will be provided to participants indicating where APs are located throughout the room.