Monday, August 29 – Wednesday, August 31, 2022
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Early-Bird Registration Deadline: July 1
Seminar Registration Rates
- Early-Bird (register through July 1): $450 per person
- Standard (register between July 2 and August 1): $550 per person
- Late (register after August 1): $650 per person
- Fraternal Foundation Fundraising Bootcamp (optional, add-on experience on Wednesday, August 31): $50 per person
- A bundle registration option is available at $4,000 which includes up to 10 in-person dual experience registrations (NIC Annual Meeting & FFE Seminar) and an unlimited use digital pass for the organization. This offer is only available through August 1. Download the bundle registration instructions here.
- The Fraternal Foundation Fundraising Bootcamp is available to add on for $50 per person.
- Digital passes are available at the following rates and include access to recorded NIC educational symposiums and FFE keynote presentations one week following the conclusion of the program.
- Individual digital pass: $150
- Organization digital pass (unlimited users): $1,000
If your organization is not an active FFE Member, you will be manually charged an additional $200 non-member fee per registrant. To renew or activate your foundation’s FFE Membership, contact Ashley VanDewark.
Registration will open Monday, August 29 at 7 a.m. Seminar programming kicks off on Monday, August 29 at 12:30 p.m. with a luncheon highlighting our Alliance Partners who support our work, to be followed by our opening keynote “Creating a Culture of Belonging” from Mari Ann Callais.
View the full NIC Annual Meeting of Members/FFE Seminar schedule of programming and events (schedule subject to change).
Key times for Seminar attendees:
- Executives Dinner (for Executives only) – Sunday, August 28 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- First Timers Orientation – Monday, August 29 from 12 to 12:30 p.m.
- FFE Business Meeting – Monday, August 29 from 4:15 to 5 p.m.
- Alliance Partner-Executive Speed Dating – Tuesday, August 30 from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Awards of Distinction Reception & Dinner – Tuesday, August 30 starting at 5:30 p.m. at The Indiana Roof Ballroom
- Fraternal Foundation Fundraising Bootcamp – Wednesday, August 31 from 8 a.m. to noon
- Join us for a morning of collaboration, action planning and dedicated time spent with content experts in the areas of annual giving, major gifts and development operations. With detailed information about how to incorporate Cygnus data to your work as well as hands-on activities and exercises, participants will walk away with tactical (and practical!) skills to better support their foundation’s fundraising operations as a whole.
2022 SEMINAR KEYNOTES
CREATING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
Mari Ann Callais, Ph.D., Delta Delta Delta Fraternity & The For College For Life Speakers Team
We all want to feel like we are cared about and that we belong. In your business, listening to stories, passions, what's important to your donors happens long before you make the ask. Maybe now more than ever, understanding what others are feeling and where they would like to invest their treasure might look different. The pandemic created an even greater need for this sense of belonging and community, but the struggle is real. It might be that we all need to feel a little more connected, a sense of belonging, and that who I am is even more important than what I do. This keynote will discuss the importance of belonging, bring some joy to our time and space together, and hopefully leave you with a sense of you are important to helping others feel like they belong. It's who you are, not just what you do.
INDUSTRY BY THE NUMBERS
Patrick Alderdice and Aaron Parker, Pennington & Company
Pennington & Company has researched, compiled and evaluated the IRS Form 990 (c)(3) filings for fraternal foundations for the past 18 years. Pennington has assessed and analyzed this data to find trends from both the administrative and donor perspectives, as well identify the opportunities and challenges that fraternal foundations face in regard to operations and fundraising. This session provides baseline data in regard to assets, revenue and various expenses, in order to provide the State of the Industry.
THE FUTURE OF FUNDRAISING
Rachel Muir, CFRE
Can you snap your fingers to see the future of fundraising? Come get a front-row seat in this eye-opening exploration loaded with practical and aspirational fundraising ideas. Discover the biggest fundraising trends and enjoy eye candy fundraising campaigns from budgets small and large. You’ll leave energized, entertained, and ready to win your donors hearts, minds & wallets!
2022 SEMINAR BREAKOUTS
Seminar breakouts will largely cater to the following peer groups (click the schedule button below to view details breakout information):
- Foundation Executives
- Board of Trustees
- Annual Giving Staff
- Major Gift Officers
- Marketing/Communications Staff
- Development Operations Staff
ABOUT THE 2022 DUAL MEETING
With Seminar part of the 2022 Dual Meeting (inclusive of the NIC Annual Meeting of Members), FFE is able to offer an even greater opportunity for fraternal industry peers to grow together.
LOCATION & LODGING
The event will take place at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. A room block is available for attendees at a rate of $179 if booked by Monday, August 15.
Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
350 West Maryland Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46225