Appeal Letter Bootcamp
Are you short on time? No money in the budget to hire a professional copywriter? Does writer’s block get in your way? After this workshop you’ll be prepared to write your own appeal letters, donor proposals, and cases for support — faster and better. You’ll learn:
- How to grab your reader’s attention
- Effective P.S. ideas
- How to increase your response rates
- How to overcome writer’s block
- What neuroscience tells us about what motivates people to take action
- Sales writing techniques adapted for nonprofits
Handout: Appeal Letter Bootcamp
Speaker: Karen Martin, Karenthewriter.com
Squeezing Every Last Dime from Appeals
Direct mail works. It’s worked for decades and it will continue to work, but we live in age where we CAN make it work better for us.
Hear Phi Delta Theta’s case study on how to use a cross-channel marketing approach and the rule of seven to drive up revenue for your appeals.
- Don’t leave money on the table.
- When juggling 50 balls, which ones should I drop?
- Using third-party partners strategically.
Speaker: Kathryn Shipp, Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Communications, Phi Delta Theta Foundation